Thursday, May 8, 2008

The joys of being a Mom

Two days ago Greyson woke up on the wrong side of the crib (which is unusual since it's always the same side). It all started fine, I changed his diaper and then gave him a hug and then proceeded to pick out his outfit. Lately I have been trying to teach him independence (bad idea) and I let him pick out his own outfit. So that fact that I chose something sent him into uncontrolable crying. Yes he cried and cried and cried. Finally I lost it and put him in his crib with binky and blanket for a time out (he's been awake approximately 30 minutes). Then when he finally calmed down I took him out and we had breakfast only he didn't like the cereal that he chose and began to cry and throw milk around with the spoon. Then we went upstairs so I could get ready and he was grabbing my leg and trying to push me away from the counter. I would move so he could get into the drawers, but apparently he just wanted me to move because nothing made him happy. Finally I walked him out of the bathroom and locked the door, then I climbed in the shower and tried to put my face under the water so I couldn't hear the child hitting the door and crying. Needless to say Greyson spent a lot of time in his crib, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom and we both spent a lot of time mad at each other. We did manage to sneak away to three blissful hours at the zoo where we were both happy.

Then yesterday while running in the morning I decided I'm the adult I set the tone. So I did everything different and tried to be loving and attentive and we had the best day. He didn't cry once and was my perfect little boy, played without complaint, worked on his letters and learning, went on a walk with me, gave me hugs and kisses, ate all of his food.

I guess kids and moms have days too.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Breezy! Thanks for sharing! I had a good laugh only because it's so nice to know I'm not the only mom who has these days! Just makes us appreciate them even more when they are our little angels!

Tonya said...

Is he old enough to have such an opinion already? We all have days like these Breezy...good thought that you are the adult and set the tone. I need to remember that some days too. In not to long, when he is a grown boy, it will be a funny story!

Heidi said...

Hopefully today is one of those good days! I managed to pawn my little ones off on someone else so I'm enjoying a few quiet moments. Helps me survive all the tantrums and demands. Can't wait to see you!

Wendy said...

Oh the joys of parenting, it only gets better(that was sarcastic).
I am so glad that you found my blog. It is so fun to see what everyone is up to, isn't blogging the best?! Your little guy is a cutie!