Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm a Little Crazy


First Christmas Tree up. I'm cursing myself now as I've spent the last two days taking them all down. I'm not sure why there has to be one in every room. I think I got that from my Mother.


Leaving a legacy. We took Greyson to the Hill Air Force base museum. We thought he'd love it but I think he has more fun when the planes are flying in the air. On the ground they were just a little bit too big for him to comprehend. Ben's Grandpa Covington was a rocket scientist who developed the ejection seat. It's an amazing legacy to have in the family.




Backpacking weekend with my Sister and Mother.



Just so you have a sense of the size of these cliffs that's my Mom walking in the bottom of the picture.

Pregnant and showing. (part of that is a fanny pack loaded with snacks :))

I couldn't seem to cut down on much weight since I knew it would be cold. This is my pack, loaded as usual.


Soaking up the sun.







Short recap: I've been in bed for 4 months, haven't moved and now that I have a few days a week where I'm not throwing up we decide to go backpacking. What a crazy plan! We had a blast but the sun went behind the cliffs at 4:00 p.m. and by 5:30 it was dark and cold! It was the longest night in the desert I've ever had, but by some stroke of luck it just happened to be a meteor shower that night so I had a beautiful show to watch.










6 comments:

Tami said...

Your home looks beautiful. You are an amazing decorator. I love that you went backpacking, you are always up for an adventure. - Good for you. Does this mean you are feeling better?

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better some days. Its got to be nice to be out. I remember that day I ran into you on your walk and what a nice change that was to be in the sunshine. I hope you have many, many more days like that to come. Beautiful tree. Hope your holidays were wonderful.

Stephanie said...

I remember your Christmas trees! I love them! Keep it up. I'm hope we're having a game night when you guys are up here. At least so I can watch the Bruno/Covington rivary again. I love it!

Wendy said...

Ugh, I feel for you being sick for 4 months- how horrible! That looks like a great day out with your mom and sister, beautiful! We live in North Texas(McKinney) and although I love it, we don't have stuff like that I haven't been hiking in a long time. I am very envious!

Tonya said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know your pain and it sucks! That is awesome that you were able to spend a day hiking with your Mom and Sis. You are a cute pregnant lady!

Wendy said...

Yea!!! We're glad you're feeling better, too! Does that mean your up for Carlsbad now? =)

I remember all the trees. Oh, makes me miss you all the more! Everything you touch is beautiful!