Sunday, May 3, 2009

Addilyn Kristine Covington


Born April 18th 6lbs 9 oz 19 inches long

Addi was so much fun the first week and a half. I loved being a mom and I felt great about being able to handle it all. I had the house cleaned every day. I was fine with both kids while Ben was at work. I even had us all bathed and ready by 10 a.m. every morning. I felt so connected to her and was so grateful it seemed so different from Greyson's first few months.

However. . . a few days ago she started with the acid reflux and collic. Here we go again. It felt like postpartum hit within a day. I got her into the doctors and we got her some medication for the reflux and now we are pulling out all our old tricks to deal with collic. Needless to say with the reflux she wouldn't let me set her down and I started to feel so trapped. After an emotional day and night I feel a little more normal; after all I know this passes. We just know it will be a few long months ahead.

At the doctors appt Addi was already at 7lbs 14oz at two weeks old she's gained almost a pound and a 1/2 over her birth weight. What a girl. At least she is a much better eater then Greyson was.

She is beautiful and we are grateful to have her bless our home.

13 comments:

Danielle Spangler said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful. I feel you on the colic stuff. Caleb had it BAD until he was 4 1/2months. I think the only thing you can do is hold your breath and let everyone help as much as possible. I sure you have tried it, but I have to eliminate eggs and dairy from my diet...if you are breastfeeding. Good Luck! Thank goodness they are cute...

Ben and Heidi said...

She is beautiful! I can't believe how quickly time passes! Congrats!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

She is sooooo pretty Breezy. I am so sorry you are dealing with the reflux and colic again- that sucks. At least you know what to expect this time around, and you can expect not sleeping. Just do whatever you can to keep yourself somewhat sane- and keep a small supply of chocolate in the house at all times. She is gaining good weight- way to go Mom! And all of you bathed and dressed by 10! That is my goal too! Hang in there... and know I am sympathizing with you! Wish we could get together for playdates with our babies.

Elizabeth said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! April 18th is a great day (my brother's b-day and one of my best friends!)! Being a mom is so emotional. I can't wait to see more pictures and I hope things get better.

Carrie said...

She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you. I hear you on the reflux, though. I think we talked about how bad Luke had it, so I know what you're going through and I am really sorry. But, as you know, it will get better....some day! I can hardly wait to see her. She is such a pretty baby. Hope Greyson is doing well with the transition.

Wendy said...

Congrats Breezy, I love the name you picked! She is so beautiful. Addy was such a collicky baby too, HORRIBLE! I hope it passes quickly and you can get some rest and relief!

ashley said...

She is darling. Hopefully I see her sometime this week. If you are feeling trapped (or not and just want to get out) come on down. I will be here packing and would love company and would LOVE to hold a baby. I know, you come pack, I'll hold the baby. Congrats on selling your home! YEA for less stress!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear you are battling reflux and colic again. I hope it will pass quickly and that she will settle into life. Like Megan said--keep that chocolate around and get out for a good walk or run when Ben is around, to help clear your head.

Tami said...

Oh My, She is beautiful!
I'm not just say'n that to be nice.
BEAUTIFUL!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Breezy, she's sooo beautiful! Sorry to hear you're dealing with the reflux thing again this time. I just started thinking about that nightmare a couple weeks ago with Teagen and am really hoping to avoid it this time. If you come up with any good tricks, I'd love to hear them. I hope the meds get it all handled for you, so you can tryly enjoy her again

Heidi said...

So sweet! Can't wait to meet her. I wish you were coming up with Ben this weekend but will be happy with a trip this summer! Hope Addilyn has calmed down. If not, hang in there! At least now you know she will grow out of it.

Kristina said...

Hey found your blog...:) Hope thats okay? Glad yours wasn't private! It's fun to see what fun others are having. Congrats!!! on your new beautiful baby girl!! Greyson what a Cutie!!

Mrs. Knight said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! And your new house looks awesome! I'm so jealous! What city is it in?