Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby, Blessing, Canyons, Cabins, and a Big change

A few noteworthy things: We finally took the step and took Greyson's binky away. Only one meltdown for one nap other than that no problem. We also moved him into a big boy bed and he isn't sure life gets much better. This is a long post - just catching up.






Thank goodness we took some professional pictures in her dress because by the time of her blessing brunch she was ornery and needed to go down for a nap so we only got one picture of her in her dress. Oh well. We had so much family there; we felt so loved.












A Sunday afternoon at Payson Cabin. Greyson fell asleep while Ben was swinging him.





A lazy day up Little Cottonwood Canyon. I about killed Ben for getting this picture - who puts a toddler in the middle of a fast flowing river and steps back to take a picture? But I loved how it turned out.



Mother and baby got caught trying to nap.









Our new house! Big entertaining living room - Cute front porch to sit on in summer evenings.



Back of house








Stairway (duh), Loft, Kitchen, and front.









I packed three boxes of books and felt overwhelmed. Not sure this was the wisest choice with a newborn. Also I'm very horomonal so one day I'm very excited and one day unsure. I think I'm driving Ben nuts. Good thing he loves me.

8 comments:

ashley said...

yea! i am so excited for you. The house looks great. When you want to get away from packing please come visit and bring Brenda. I was all organized in my packing at first then I just switched to the sweep and dump method. Baby is darling and growing. I love the mountain shots. They remind me of our little family a few years ago.

Carrie said...

Your house looks great! Glad you found the perfect place. Its about time you were able to get settled! Good luck with the packing, its such a pain!

vaxhacker said...

Cool, love the pictures of the house, Breezy! That open architecture is something I love about our house now, and would miss or insist on having if/when we ever move.

And great news about the binky. We ended up having to tell one of ours about the Binky Fairy which rewarded you for turning old enough (I think K was 3 then) and takes all the binkies in the house away and leaves you a present. I was pretty surprised when it actually worked. :)

Wendy said...

Addilyn is seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen, next to mine of course:) Nice house, I am jealous- what I wouldn't give to move into a new house that doesn't need EVERYTHING fixed!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new house!! I love the pic of them in that big room, what great space. We are going to be in Utah in July--if you're around we'd love to stop by and visit.

Tonya said...

New baby. Sweet family. New house. Sounds like a wonderful life!!! How great that you got your new house in Utah. You sure don't see brick houses like that here in Oregon!

Trent and Amy said...

Love all the pictures! Your daughter is so sweet!

brenda said...

Fun catching up with you via the blogosphere! Your family picture is GORGEOUS. I love the new house, too, and I can just see it filled with christmas trees!!!