Saturday, June 6, 2009

Count your blessings

Some days I just feel overwhelmed at how lucky I am. Today was one of those days when I felt all of the blessing the Lord has given me and I walked around with a smile. I wanted to list a few.

  • I am thankful for Ben's job
  • I am thankful that he loves his job and wants to be there until retirement
  • I love Greyson. He can try me but he can also make me smile and melt in seconds.
  • I love Addilyn. She smiles so much. It was all I needed to just adore her.
  • I love Ben, I am so blessed to have a husband that is more than I ever dreamed. He is my best friend and my soul mate. He takes me for who I am and even seems to love me despite all my flaws :)
  • I am grateful for my health. I hate how chubby I am but I can still run three miles a day and keep up with the best of them. I don't have chronic pain and I rarely feel sick (now that I'm not pregnant)
  • I am blessed with the most amazing friends. There are still so many of you in Oregon that I miss and adore and thanks to Brenda here in Utah who has helped me so much with watching Greyson and being there for me to keep me calm.

The list could go on and on but sometimes I think when you have these days it's important to write down your thoughts. Life is great. I often miss working but I can also feel very content with the blessings I've been given.

4 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I love your blessings. You are one blessed woman. Sweet is the day we get to count them and feel overwhelmed. Glad you are good--but still miss you.

Heidi said...

We miss you too!! Aren't those moments the best when we are able to step back and see just how blessed we are? Life is good. When do you get to come play?!

Tonya said...

Life can take us in so many crazy directions but every time I stop to notice the hand of the Lord in my life I to marvel at all the great blessings that I have. Thanks for sharing:0) Did you sell your house here in Oregon yet?

Carrie said...

Its a good thing to be able to recognize all the good things in life. It definitely helps us to feel a little happier every day....even when its a hard day! You're a great woman!