Friday, January 22, 2010

My joys of the day

I observed a few things today. First I will be glad when Ben is back in town.

Second Greyson is so much like me. You wouldn't believe his imagination! It's so funny. Today we have been on lots of make believe trips. We have been lots of make believe people. He built his own hut and stashed it full of fun trinkets which I discovered while cleaning tonight. His favorite phrase is Mom. . do you know how much I love you? I could hear that all day. Today was the first day that we actually made it through the grocery store in peace. Addi was calm, and Greyson listened and stayed out of people's way. He must have known that I needed that today.

Third Addi is following suit and has started to torment Tobey the dog since she is now mobile. She and Tobey were in the living room tonight behind a baricade of pillows while I ran on the treadmill. Addi would crawl to him and reach up and grab his face. He'd give her the funniest look and turn his back to her. Sure enough she'd giggle and crawl around to tug on his ears. He'd stand up and she'd crawl to pull the hair on his paws. He's much more patient this time around and actually stayed in with her for almost 40 minutes but then I discovered why. . . . he was luring her away from the treats I had laid down for her and as soon as she was far enough away that he could reasonably assume she'd lost interest (so he knew he wouldn't get in trouble) he quickly gobbled them up and left the room. I guess he's no dummy after all. The punishment must have been worth the reward. Watching it all unfold made my run go by much faster.

As you can see today I am so happy. I've also figured out that hormones are playing into the unhappy, unsettled feeling I've had for a week. I've changed my whole eating plan the last two and a half months and it's altered the way my body responds to horomones. Realizing it today will hopefully help me avoid the crash next month.

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

ashley said...

I'm glad things are going better. I'm so sorry it's been so rough. Babies are just rough! That's why I'm not having anymore. Chloe is almost 2 and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully things will just keep getting better.